Thursday, May 10, 2012

My faux birthday :)

Do you remember how I told that really lame 2 peanuts joke at our the last department meeting?  Oh -- you don't remember the joke...why, let me share it again.  Mostly I want to share it because it still makes me laugh.


Two peanuts are walking down the street.  One is a-salted.


Today at work was my faux birthday!  You see, where I am employed, we get our birthdays off as a holiday!  Technically we get a day off during the particular pay period.  I opted to take my actual birthday off because it falls on a Friday and who does not love a three day weekend?  :)


My co-worker found a birthday card with 2 cartoon peanuts.  They are wearing birthday party hats and celebrating.  Above said nuts, the card says "Happy Birthday" and you open it up and on the inside it says "...from your favorite nuts!!!"  How cute is that???   I love it!  Said co-worker had everyone in the department sign my card.  Talk about making a girl feel special.


Also on my desk was a "Birthday Girl" button.  I was informed that I had to wear the button all day at work and the entire weekend.



And lastly, there were noise-makers and balloons!





I know, I know...it was fun.  I felt like I was a big kid having a fun day at work!!!  It was soo nice that they took time to make my faux birthday special.  I really do love the people that I am fortunate enough to work with.  We are like a big family...kinda dysfunctional at times but a family nonetheless.

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...