Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Oh, this is what I call 'Revision One'!!!" laughed the girl with curly hair.

At circa 3:30 today, my co-worker says to me, "Can I have these edits to the Excel spreadsheet in 2 minutes?"

Me: "Sure, I will click 'print' - it won't be right, but I will gladly print it for you."

Co-worker looks at me dumbfounded. (I get this look a lot from said co-worker.)
 
Me: "Give me 5 minutes. I am not going to stress out over your edits."

I've laughed about the whole exchange many times since circa 3:30. I have been praying that I would have courage to be more honest with said co-worker. What a huge answer to prayer.
 
Also, I've been thinking...perhaps this co-worker thinks I am really Wonder Woman or Cat Woman...  Are there any other female superheroes?  I can't think of any others...hmmmmm...  Any-who, she must FOR REAL think that I have superhero-typing skills.  Granted, I can type approximately 100 words per minute...but HELLO -- let's not stress out the girl with curly hair.
 
A funny P.S. to this story...
When I did hand her the revised spreadsheet, she pointed out that I had missed one red-marked item, too which I replied, "Oh, this is what I call 'Revision One'!!!" 
 
Not perfect.
Never thought I was perfect.
Not trying to be perfect.
I'm just me.  Angie Good.  The girl with curly hair.
The girl who laughs outloud because she's acting like a complete nutcase.
Yep. That's me.

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...