Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"I had a bad day. I do not have a bad life. I had a bad day. I do not have a bad life."



I had a bad day.  I don't have a bad life.  I just had a bad day.  ...and the Lord used my best friend Sara to remind me of this truth. 

In a nutshell...

If you happen to see that my desk is covered with things that need to be done, it's probably not a good idea to laugh while putting more stuff in my TO DO basket.  Although the laughter came from one of my favorites, it hurt my feelings nonetheless.

Asking me if I want the good news or the bad news first -- how about neither...because in the past 5 days, every single time you ask me this ludicrous question, you follow it up with some bogus request.

Not putting together a checklist in a timely manner....hmmmm...seems to fall under the "Your lack of preparation does not constitute an emergency on my part."  I shall sit in your meeting tomorrow and smile sweetly and be my charming self.  Nothing else because you didn't give me a checklist.  It's such a shame that I will just get to be the adorable one present.

Fiddle-farting around and un-nerving me will not get me to take the initiative as you had hoped and secretly wished would occur.

"Don't shoot the messenger" mentality has not been embraced by all Rockfordians.  'Tis sad but true.

And lastly, my favorite...picking up the phone only to hear the dude on the other end ranting to his co-worker about the email he just received from me...again...let's not harm the messenger.

Close to 4 p.m. my Mom phoned to tell me my brother tripped over something at work and hit his head.  Five staples later...he was back home with a list of concussions symptoms.  Thankfully a dear couple invited Bryan over for a sleepover.  I'm so thankful he doesn't have to be alone.  It's not fun being sick and/or injured when you are alone. 

As I think back over my day, I am thankful I have a job and I am thankful the Lord put people in my life to encourage me.  And I know that even though today was challenging, God helped me through it and protected me from so much more.  God is love.  He loves me.  He filtered every single thing that happened to me today through His all-loving hands...I'm praying that tomorrow goes smoothly.

I had a bad day.  I do NOT have a bad life.  I had a bad day.  I do NOT have a bad life.  I had a bad day.  I do NOT have a bad life.  (And no, I did not use the cut/paste function!!!)

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...