Thursday, February 14, 2013

VD supper......

At Starbucks I had two options for supper.....the granola bar pictured below or a banana.   I opted for the granola bar and a cup of decaf tea. 
While Ruthie and I waited for our drinks, I decided to read the ingredients on my granola bar wrapper.  Here's what happened.... (oh and the names in this story have not been changed.  We are sooo not innocent.  We are guilty.)
Ruthie:  "What is that?"
Me:  "A granola bar that I have never had."
Ruthie:  "What is in it?"
Me (after reading halfway down the list):  "It has oat groats.  What are oat groats?"
Ruthie:  "I have no idea."
Me:   "Let me check Google."   Oat groats are lightly processed oats.  The ones used in this bar were gluten-free. 
Several minutes later.....
Me:  "Oat groats.  It sounds like an ailment.  'I am sorry that I won't be in today, I have the oat groats.'"
And then because my blood sugar was really low, I started laughing.  The kind of laughter that gets your picture posted on the wall of your favorite coffee establishment.

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...