Friday, April 14, 2017

Two mornings without my beloved

Monday evening as I ground the last of my regular coffee beans, I thought to myself, I sure hope I remember to buy more coffee! and then I laughed because that's just absurd.  Like I, Angela Good, would ever (EV-ER) forget about coffee.  Psh! 

Apparently absurd notions (like forgetting coffee) and I go hand-in-hand like Rhonda & Angie @ the thrift, Pammy & Jim, peanut butter & jelly, fish & chips, guacamole & chips, so on and so forth.

Tuesday night was our tutoring finale!  The children had been working all school year earning "Walmart dollars."  We loaded up the church van & other vehicular transports and took the 18 (or so students) and adults to Walmart where the children got to spend their hard-earned giftcards.  

We spent 40 minutes in Walmart and buying coffee never once crossed my pretty little head.

Perhaps the thought never occurred to me because the tutoree I was shopping with wanted to stay in the craft section.  *sigh*  A girl after my own heart...craft supplies.

Needless to say - I did not remember the lacking regular coffee until I was already home, my face was washed, and I was in my jammies.  

To get dressed and go back out???  Hmmmmmm...

No.  I decided I would suck it up and have decaf in the morning and hit the Dunkin Donuts by my place of employment and BONUS -- I had a free drink receipt!!!!  

I love how careful Dunkin Donuts is about gluten.  They have signs "Tell us about your food allergy."  At the one by my place of employment, they wash their hands and wear gloves.  The afternoon gal (we are practically friends) talks about her mom's gluten allergy.  This gal even goes so far as to wipe down the major parts of the machine.  She whispers, "I take no chances with that evil thing!"  It warms my heart...figuratively and well, the coffee warms it for real.  Wait - does it really warm my heart or does it just cause my heart to happily beat?  Hmmm...that's something to think about.

Any-whooo...  

Wednesday night when I was done babysitting the fabulous Delaney kiddos, I ran to Meijer to get catfood and a hilarious Easter card for a friend.  And guess what I left Meijer without?  COFFEE!!!  And when did I realize the missing coffee...when I was home, showered, jammie-ed, and ready for bed.  

*sigh*

Thursday morning would be a green tea extravaganza!!!  I mean green tea has some caffeine in it, right?  RIGHT!!!!  And I love the antioxidants.

Thursday morning - 2 mugs of green tea and I'm not going to lie...I stopped at Starbucks.  Why regular coffee?  Because Wednesday around 4ish, I had a slight freak-out (READ:  NERVOUS LAUGHTER FOR LIKE AN HOUR!) because we get Good Friday off and I realized I did not get everything done...even though I spent the day performing task after task.  I was checking stuff off my to do list like an OVER-CAFFEINATED rockstar that I sometimes am.  Also - it should be noted that due to the ridiculousness of my to do list, I wrote "DRINK COFFEE" at the very top so that at 8:07 a.m. I could check something off.  It was a total sense of accomplishment.  

And now it's today...Friday.  Since I'm off today, I got up early and went to Woodman's before (as I told my mother) "it gets nutso there!"  Morning grocery shopping is my preference...and make no mistake, I WANTED SOME COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...