Monday, May 7, 2012

He didn't know...

I thought you might like to know the rest of the story...

I texted my landlord about the compromised lilac shrubbery.  He apologized and explained his reasoning for chopping it down.  He said he assumed it was a tree growing near the cottage's foundation.  Not wanting the roots to effect the foundation, he chopped down the shrubbery.  

He promised not to bother them if they come back up.  He, also, promised to ask me before chopping down anything else near the cottage.  I wish he would dig up the hostas by my door.  Those things are spreading like crazy...

Sooo my goal this summer is to spend some time working in my flowerbed -- basically it's a 1 foot strip of soil between the sidewalk and the cottage.  I'm thinking about planting impatience...they will spread and fill in nicely.

Any suggestions?  It's not a real sunny location.  

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...