Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm the kinda gal that reads one book at a time.  I normally don't read multiple books simultaneously...however (sigh)...I am not adhering to the "One book at time" rule.

I am currently reading:

Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst (this is a re-read)
A Jane Austen Devotional by Steffany Woolsey
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Judges - King James Bible :)

Lies Woman Believe is for our current Wednesday night Bible study and will be wrapping up shortly.  This book has exposed the lies that Satan plants in our hearts.  I appreciate how Nancy (Leigh DeMoss) exposes the Truth...because the Truth will set us free.

Made to Crave is a re-read.  This second time through is a good reminder on why I am choosing this healthier lifestyle.

A Jane Austen Devotional -- this was a Christmas present and is absolutely delightful!  I love how the author pulls spiritual truths out of the sometimes fickle characters in Austen's writing. 

Persuasion...I'm on the second chapter and CONFESSION:  I've not picked up this novel in probably 3 weeks.  I do love Jane's style of writing...I just haven't been motivated to pick up the 2,000 page anthology. (Yes, I own The Complete Works of Jane Austen and it seriously is 2,000 pages.  It reminds me of my American Lit text from college.  Oh the memories...) 

Lastly, Judges...I'm just beginning Judges on my journey from Genesis to Revelation.

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...