Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Maggie 1; Cacti 0

Yesterday was President's Day...and it just soo happened to be one of the blessed holidays that is observed at my place of employment.  (Sigh.)  I love how from year-to-year President's Day falls on Mondays.  A blessed Monday in which I do not have to set my alarm clock to arise from my slumber at 5:15.  Sweet sleep...


Well, yesterday at 5:50 a.m. I got jolted wide-awake when I heard a thud.  It wasn't just any old thud...it sounded like a ceramic pot...  Opening my eyes and focusing on the time on my alarm clock, I sighed.  Why, oh why, must I be awaken out of my slumber by a thud when clearly I had an extra 60 minutes of sleep for which I have been deprived...  


Quietly I laid still willing the noise and the mess (which I assumed I would find) as a part of my dreams and not reality.  I knew better.  The thud was real and if I wasn't mistaken, it was more than likely the cactus previously perched on my bathroom windowsill.  (Sigh.)


I walked into the bathroom to view the situation.  I was right.  I hate it when I am right...not all the time...but in this particular situation.  

Thankfully the cactus is not large and the pot in which it resided was small...when I say "small," I do mean approximately the size of a Dixie cup.



The mess was quickly swept up.  The cacti was replaced in its pot sans soil.  Maggie was given a stern teacher-like look.  


I wonder if before knocking the cactus off the windowsill, if Maggie had said (I am imagining her using a John Wayne voice), "Hey there, little cacti.  This ledge ain't big enough for the two of us."  She couldn't draw a gun because... A) she's a cat; B) I would never in a million, gazillion years give her a weapon.  HELLO!  She's psychotic!  C) she does not have thumbs...and/or a holster for which to hold her firearm.



No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...