...about something I read last week...Joshua 10:1-43 ~ the victory over the Amorites. I suppose, specifically verses 13 and 14 which read:
"And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the Lord fought for Israel."
The sun stood still. The moon stayed. The sun stood still for about a whole day. 24 hours -- give or take. I mean, God's word says, "hasted not to go down ABOUT a whole day." About a whole day...I take that to me close to 24 hours...maybe it was just for 23 hours. :)
God is still God and He is in control....if He wants me to be married -- DUH! -- He has the ability to cause our paths to cross. It's nothing I can do. Well, technically I can try...but sheesh -- I make a mess of things when I try. (Don't ask.)
The Lord healed Naaman of his leprosy...
He spared Rahab's household even when the WALLS OF THE CITY came tumbling down...
He brought Lazarus back from the dead...
He caused a great fish to swallow Jonah whole in order to teach him about obedience...
Jesus healed a great multitude during his ministry here on earth...
And the list goes on and on.
The account of Joshua + spending an encouraging evening with friends + Nancy Leigh DeMoss's book = a wonderful revelation that has been working through my heart all week... When God is ready to allow our paths to cross, He will work out all the details. And who knows? Maybe I will be wandering in the produce section at Woodman's...maybe I will be at a bookstore drinking a hot tea and perusing the Classics...maybe I will be at the gym...maybe I will be at the red bull's eye...maybe I will be just being a blessing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...

No comments:
Post a Comment