I have had a wonderful, marvelous, outstanding birthday week!!! My co-workers and their faux birthday surprise -- Pin the tail on the donkey, delicious treats, noise-makers, thoughtful & funny cards, etc.
On my actual birthday, which was yesterday - May 11th, first-things-first: I slept-in as my place of employment celebrates my birthday as well! It's a wonderful blessing being able to take my birthday off.
Once I got motivated to leave....oh here's a story for you. Sooooo I thought I would sweep & mop the cottage and wash my sheets and hang them out on Nancy's clothesline.
I loaded up the car with my bag o'scarves, camera (which I didn't even take a-thrifting -- sad face) and my laundry basket full of fresh washed sheets and towels. Happily I backed Rosie down the driveway and took off for Freeport. Are you remembering that there is a basket of wet laundry in my backseat? And I should probably mention that it was 80 degrees outside -- clearly too hot to leave said basket in the car with the windows rolled up while Sara and I thrifted.
Thankfully I had to stop and get some air in one of my tires. (Low pressure light was on and I didn't want to take any chances being on 20.) When I stopped to get air, I sent a text to Barb saying I was running a smidge bit late......after clicking SEND, I noticed the laundry basket. A quick call to Sara telling her I was running late and I headed back to the cottage. I put the towels and sheets in the dryer and turned it on. (My neighbor is always home lest you worry that running the dryer while I am not home will cause a fire.)
It turns out that my delay was actually the Lord opening up an opportunity for Sara to minister to someone while she waited patiently for me to arrive at Higher Grounds. :)
15 minutes later, I was finally on my way to Freeport...this time FOR REAL.
I stopped by and chit-chatted with my friend Barb at her place of employment. Oh - and I sold some fru-fru scarves. If I sell enough of these, I want to take the sewing class at Rock Valley College. Well...and buy more Starbella Yarn.
Around 12 'noon, I met Sara for coffee, thrifting, and lunch! We both found a couple of items that we truly loved. It's funny because we are transformed our thrifting from I like this to I LOVE this item. We no longer purchase the likes. We've both come to the conclusion that our closet needs to contain only those articles of clothing that we truly love... Life's too short to wear tolerable clothing.
After coffee, a thrift, lunch, another thrift, we parted ways. We both have forgotten how exhausting it is to thrift all day. As Sara put it, "I forgot that I have to pace myself and probably train for our thrifting outings." Our time spent together is always, always, always refreshing and a blessing!!!
Soooooo we continued the birthday merriment in to today. Sara came all the way to Rockford for a graduation celebration and she graciously gave more of her time to spend with me. She said something quite true today, "You love to thrift and drink coffee. I love that what you love is what I love. Spending your birthday with you was like giving me a birthday too." :) We truly are two peas in a pod.
And now it's Saturday evening. I have a skein of tan, brown & black variegated yarn that I need to finish knitting...(sigh)...'tis the birthday present for my co-worker. I must get going...it's 5 p.m.
Tootles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...

No comments:
Post a Comment