Friday, February 8, 2013

3 Random Things...

I have a countdown to spring widget on my blog. Sometimes I go 2 whole days without looking at and then I am like BAM -- WOW! IT IS ALMOST SPRING!!! ...and then I laugh outloud and tell myself, "You are ridiculously fabulous and witty. Why aren't you taken yet?" :)

Today at work, we (when I say "we" - I am pretty much referring to the Resolutionee) learned not to double-side the first 3 pages of a 17 page document.  We (this person!) learned about the importance of single siding documents.  My only argument was "WE RECYCLE HERE.  IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU DOUBLE-SIDE JUST 1/6 OF THE DOCUMENT AND NOT THE OTHER PAGES!!!"  [The caps lock shows you that I failed miserably to keep my resolution...sigh.]  In case you were wondering -- I left work today with a pounding headache. The positive note:  I LEFT WORK!!!  :) 

Tonight I attended a senior basketball game and cheered for a former 2nd grader student of mine.  He's grown-up and turned into a courteous and kind young man.  It was wonderful seeing him and his family tonight. 

Also tonight, we celebrated Ruthie's birthday.  Chipolte and a trip meandering through Kohl's.  I considered purchasing a super-cute winter cape but SERIOUSLY...SPRING IS COMING!!!  Buying a winter cape would've made spring not feel welcomed and that's the LAST THING I want to do right now.

It's been 6 days since that monster...that rodent...that mischievous creature of the dark predicted an early spring.  And guess what?  In those 6 days, we've gotten more snow than the rest of the winter season.  Do you see why I am angry about the rodent's prediction???  I'm adding Groundhog's Day to my February holidays to boycott.  VD and Groundhog's Day -- off the list.  That leaves me with...

Waitangi Day (kind of looks like "Wait Angie" day)
The Chinese New Year
Lincoln's Birthday
Ash Wednesday
Presidents' Day (observed)
Washington's Birthday
And lastly a full moon

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...