Saturday, February 9, 2013

Two Pinterest crafts

Today I made my own lavender linen spray.  Confession:  I love lavender.  In the old days (by "old days" - I mean 5-6 years ago, when I was young and naive.), I would purchase lavender linen spray from Kohl's.  I believe it was sold in 16 ounce bottles for somewhere around $8 or $9. 

Kudos to Pinterest and the people who pin DIY projects because today I purchased and made my own lavender linen spray.  I spent $13.76 on supplies...which should make me 15 bottles of linen spray!!!  The lavender essential oil was the expensive part of the purchase...but each batch of spray requires 10 drops of oil which means I should run out witch hazel and distilled water long before I run out of lavender. 

I never even considered witch hazel as one of the ingredients.  Hmmmmmm...


Every Saturday that I have free, I have spent it crafting and making something fabulous that I have pinned on Pinterest.  I think Pinterest is going to revive the economy!!!

My second Pinterest craft is an Epsom Salt Scrub.  The recipe is located at:  http://doityourselfcrafts.tumblr.com/post/306736028/lemon-tea-sugar-scrub



Materials:
  1. 1 cup sugar
  2. 3 tablespoons Epsom salt
  3. 10 teaspoons olive oil
  4. 2 teaspoons honey
  5. 3 green tea bags
  6. 1 lemon to zest (organic)
  7. Grater/zester
  8. Large mixing bowl
  9. Container to hold your scrub
Directions:
  1. Grate the lemon and set aside the zest
  2. In the bowl, combine the sugar, epsom salt, and loose tea (rip open bags and sprinkle it in)
  3. Add in the olive oil, mix.
  4. Add the honey, make sure it is combined well.
  5. Add the lemon zest.
  6. Mix everything in the bowl, fill it all into the container.
Put a nice tag on it and give it to friends or family :)
Note: Make sure you do it in order so that the ingredients break down the honey!

This project forced me to buy my very own lemon zester.  I love kitchen gadgets!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the economy comment...Now if we could just figure out a way to get the Pres. out...LOL

Mom

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...