Friday, February 1, 2013

A fabulous list

In The Choice is Yours by Terrie Chappell, she provides a list of 10 statements that we must daily embrace until they become engrained in our very being.  Here's the list...



  1. God created me, and even before I was born God supervised my total development.  (Psalm 139)
  2. God is presently working in me to make me like Christ.  (Romans 8:28-30)
  3. I will be patient with myself.  God has entrusted me with the potential, gifts, talents, and personality to do His perfect will.  (Philippians 1:6)
  4. I will trust God to continue to equip me to do His will.  (Philippians 2:13).  Whom God calls, He qualifies.
  5. I will set out to improve the changeable areas as God gives me insight and power.  (Philippians 4:13)  I will seek to fulfill my potential by setting goals for myself.
  6. I will not use my background or lack of abilities as an excuse for sin or lack of progress in my life.  (Philippians 4:13-14)
  7. I will daily confess and forsake sin and seek cleansing through the Word.  (I John 1:9)
  8. I will accept myself as a special person created to fulfill a unique purpose.  (Psalm 139:14-16)  I will believe God’s estimate of me.  He loved me enough to send His dearest possession, Jesus, to die for me.  (John 3:16)  This act alone is a statement that God believes I’m a worthwhile person.
  9. I will reach out to other people, remembering that they, too, are special and worthy of love.  (Philippians 2:3-4)
  10. I will remember it is not who I am but whose I am that determines my value.  (Ephesians 2:10)

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...