Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My first sewing project....

Tonight was my first sewing class...basically we were given a list of items to bring/purchase and then we took a fieldtrip to Wal-Mart's craft department.  I was impressed with the bolts of fabric.  I selected a skirt pattern because I HEART SKIRTS!!!!   Plus I could hear Rhonda saying, "Do yourself a fave-ah and wear the skirt!!!"  
I opted for a fun gray, lime green and yellow floral because I already have a cute gray tank and a lime green summery cardigan!  And the polkadot is for the under-skirt.  I cannot wait to create this skirt.
Our first assignment is to wash our fabric and iron it.  The teacher is a stickler for ironing....and too be honest, I enjoy ironing...probably because I don't do it often. I am the kind of girl that will just spritz said garment with water and throw it back in the dryer.  For realzies!!!
This whole "for realzies" thing needs to stop.....I almost replied to my boss' email, "I got this covered for realzies."   I'm not sure he would totally appreciate it......FOR REALZIES!!!!!!!    I crack myself up....or I am cracking up.  Hmmmmm......it's something to consider.

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...