Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The rest of Rosie's tire story...

After swapping out Rosie's other 3 tires tonight, the tire guy says, "Wow -- did you know your tire pressure was all over the range?  It was as low as 30 and as high as 39."

[I know the 39 is an exaggeration as I just checked all 4 tires on Sunday afternoon...unless of course, air expands when it's cold.  Hahahahahaha! NOT!]

I sweetly inquired of the tire dude, "Which tire was at 30?"

T.D.:  "The right rear."

Me:  "Funny because that's one YOU guys switched on Saturday.  Also Toyota informed me my tire pressure should be 36."

T.D.:  "Well, uh...."

Me:  "I don't think the makers of my car would lie."

T.D.:  "Our computer says it should be 30..."

The more I thought about it --- DUH --- of course their "computers" say that because HELLO -- I WILL NEED TIRES SOONER IF I DO NOT KEEP THEM INFLATED PROPERLY. 

Nice try, tire place.  This girl wasn't born yesterday!!!

P.S. I intend to email the makers of my new tires and inquire directly from the source what the proper tire pressure is.  Oh, I may make a copy of their email reply to keep in my glove box.

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...