I had the most difficult time focusing on work on Friday afternoon. You see, I kept daydreaming about getting a pedicure. [INTERJECTION: Boys say that girls are difficult to understand. Not so, menfolk. We like pedicures, fresh cut flowers, and sappy chick flicks. Not complicated.] Any-who...I opted for a cross between sky blue and Smurf blue. I must confess, the color is perfectly un-natural but totally fabulous...as all toenail nail polish should be. (Can I get an "Amen"???)
Pedicures. Check.
Errands ran for the Saturday stamping event. Check.
And lastly it was home sweet home or in my case, cottage sweet cottage.
Saturday was a blur. Literally a blur... Some delightful chipper chirpers woke me up at circa 6 a.m. How can you be upset with little birdies, right? Well...it was Saturday morning. Since I had a list this long (imagine my arms stretched out - full width) to complete before 10 a.m. I decided to rejoice in my feathered friend's serenade.
After some time in Psalms and Proverbs, a mug of steamy coffee, and a shower - I felt more prepared for the day. As I started pulling stamping supplies out willy-nilly, I had an epiphany....oh, it was an epiphany about an epiphany. Stay with me! You know when cartoon characters have epiphanies and light bulb bubbles appear over their heads???? Well, wouldn't it be cool if when I had crafting epiphany if a glue gun appeared over my head.
This crafting epiphany about epiphanies caused me laugh for a solid 3 minutes. Non-stop laughter. I am not right. The cat just stared at me all the while probably wondering which of my relatives would adopt her once they locked me up in the nuthouse.
Four trips to Rosie about about 1/2 of what I normally take the church stamping extravaganza and I was on my way out the door...and I was on time. I wanted to walk about the door at 8:30 and a quick glance at the clock revealed that it was 8:29. This one is for the record books.
8:47 a.m. arrived at church and began setting up. This required several trips up and down the stairs so I am going to count this towards my cardio total for the day. Wow! What a great workout -- hauling banquet tables up and down the stairs and then there was the trip down / up for the coffee.
Eight stampers (counting yours truly) showed up. If the envelope box is any indication, we made 91 cards. I didn't take envelopes out for me -- so 91 plus 24 = 115 cards. We were quite diligent and dedicated to our card making. Several times the cost of cards was brought up and how we were actually saving money by stamping. This is the exact reason why I would rather stamp...besides I love making cards for others.
After the stamping extravaganza, supplies were loaded in to Rosie and headed for the cottage. (Many thanks to Lauren for staying and helping me with the clean-up!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...
No comments:
Post a Comment