Tonight I came home after a long day at work, a trip to the gym, and lastly groceries to find a super sparkly clean cottage. I kind of felt like Snow White. Minus the 7 dwarves. Oh - and there's not a wicked queen plotting my demise. The birds in my 'hood do not respond to my morning, "Hello!" Snow White...she had it all. Of course, she ate a bad apple and that kind of put the nix to life as she knew it. But she did wake-up to a handsome prince.
Must I go through all the peril and succumb to a terrible fate before my knight in shining armor enters stage left???
I digress.
Back to my super sparkly cottage. "How did you get a sparkly clean cottage, Angie?" You did ask this, right? Well....there's this really sweet gal at my church who was in need of some camp spending money soooo since I don't have children for her to babysit, I hired her to clean the cottage. Nothing too terribly white glove-ish...just clean the bathroom and the kitchen, wash the windows (inside and out) and dust. She did a marvelous job!!!
Lemon verbena and Murphy's Oil Soap assaulted my olfactorious organ (i.e. my nose) when I threw open the door. Technically I didn't throw it open, it was more of a twisting of the unlocked doorknob -- all the while praying that I didn't drop the precarious perched bags of groceries and my purse. (Sigh.)
The cottage is soo clean!!! What a wonderful blessing. Hiring this out was a very sensible thing to do...because now I can focus on Saturday's birthday & thank you stamping event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...
No comments:
Post a Comment