Monday, May 27, 2013
It's kind of gross!!!
About a month ago, I stumbled upon a blog post about oil pulling and all the wonderful health benefits that come along with ridding your mouth of toxins. The main thing I was hoping for was whiter teeth, because let's face it - I am not about to spend money on teeth whitening products that are potentially hazardous if swallowed. Why on earth would I put those chemicals in my mouth?
For the past 3 weeks, I have managed to increase my time from 5 to 15 minutes. And I no longer get that gaggy feeling from having the oil swishing around in my mouth. My biggest tip: Put the oil in your mouth before you have to perform a task that will take your mind off the oil in your mouth. :) I put the melted coconut oil in my mouth before blow-drying my hair and/or applying my make-up. This is what works best for me. Maybe you can handle having the oil in your mouth while you sit patiently watching the timer count down to 0:00. I cannot. I have to be doing something else.
It's not terrible, but it sure is kind of gross. For me - the benefits out-weigh the grossness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...

No comments:
Post a Comment