Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A letter from a frustrated knitter...

I tracked down a mailing address on the Red Heart website...  Here's what I sent them:



RE:      Website Pattern LW3992 / “Easy” 8-Hour Shawl


To Whom It May Concern:

Hello.  I’m writing you out of complete and utter frustration over a pattern posted on the Red Heart website.  {See attached.}

I have been knitting for 4+ years and consider myself a so-so knitter.  I’m not a cabling kinda gal, but I can knit a mean scarf and whip-up a dishcloth in no time flat.  {Too bad knitting wasn’t an Olympic sport.  Wouldn’t that be grand?}  I digress.

I have attempted to start and re-start this pattern fourteen (I want to add the word “gazillion” but that would be a total exaggeration!) times and each time, I end up pulling it off my knitting needles.  I do realize that I have 4 months to knit this shawl, but the pattern says “8-HOUR shawl.”  Not 8 months.  Not 8 weeks.  8-hours!!!

Can you please have an experienced knitter work the pattern and confirm that the stitch counts are correct lest I end up locked up wearing a white buckle-in-the-back-special jacket and maybe, just maybe, rocking in the corner of my little padded room, mumbling, “Red Heart’s website said ‘8-hour shawl’?  I don’t understand!”  {I’m envisioning this and trust me – it ain’t pretty!!!}

I will thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Also, I’d like to not – I went through all (ALL!) the necessary steps to leave a comment about the pattern on your website and when I clicked SUBMIT, it said my comment/question was going to the website administrator.  It’s been 5 days and my comment does not appear on the website as of yet…which I am hoping is small over-sight on your part, because clearly – if this pattern is really messed up, than I’d like help!!!  I figured cyber-help was as good as it would get…but then I found your mailing address.  Please, help me.  PLEASE!!!!

I really want to knit this shawl. 

Frustrated w/Red Heart Patterns,
Angie Good

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...