Sunday, April 2, 2017

The weekend

Since it's the official ending of the weekend and a new week is just about to begin, I thought I would recap the past 2.5 days.

Friday - after wrapping up my work week, I bypassed the gym and went straight home and cleaned out my guest room closet.  It needed to be cleaned out because over the course of three years, it has become a catch-all...and I knew there was stuff hidden in the depths that I had not used nor needed in the last 36 months so why in the world am I holding on this stuff?  No idea.  

My first task was to pull out 5 plastic stackable storage containers.  I went through them and moved Christmas gift bags to the Christmas box.  I sorted through all my birthday gift bags and threw out torn or ripped ones.  I threw out other random things that were not worthy of the thrift.  

Three trash bags and I unearthed something maybe growing in the corner.  {Before my sweet mother has a coronary, I have since scrubbed the spot with some cleaner and it's fine.  The growth has been removed.  Ick!}  

I went through and removed 3 I-won't-wear-this items from my spring/summer wardrobe.  This wardrobe for the most part is housed in the guestroom when not in my closet.  

Somewhere inbetween the sorting and throwing away, the sun came out from behind a weeks-worth of clouds.  IT WAS GLORIOUS TO SEE THE BALL OF FIRE IN THE SKY!!!!!  

My wild Friday night ended with reading.

Saturday dawned bright and early and full of coffee.  After proper caffeination, I headed to Meijers and then Woodmans.  After Woodmans, my sweet little Corolla brought me home to put away the groceries and whatnot.  After grocery putting away, I ran to Ulta where I was disappointed.  From Ulta, I went to the library.

Have I mentioned just HOW MUCH I love the library????  I do.  I do so very much love the library.  I checked out three books although my heart wanted a dozen.  My brain said, "You do not have time for that!"  My heart said, "Oh come on, they're books!"  My brain won this battle but I know my heart will win the war.

After the library I ran home and whipped up (for the first time in life) egg salad.  Here's the deal - I love egg salad.  I have no idea why I'm my current age and I am just now making egg salad.  I made egg salad with avocado.  Thanks Pinterest!!!!!

After egg salad, I broke out my springy cotton yarn.  This reminds me that I forgot to mention that after my Ulta disappointment, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked-up three skeins of cotton yarn.  It might seem more expensive than Sugar and Cream cotton yarn, but the Hobby Lobby stuff has more yardage which means MORE DISHCLOTHS!!!!!  I opted for a springy rainbow.  I have 4 dishcloths.  Yeah, I binge-knitted.  I will probably be one of those old ladies with claw hands (picture me doing lobster claws with my hands).  Maybe if I am struck with claws, I could come up with some cool claw mittens.  I COULD KNIT THEM...you know since I'm going to take one for the team and be clawed.

I digress.

At 3ish I met my coworker/friend at Rock Cut State Park and we walked the paths for almost 2.5 hours.  We didn't really track how far we went...it's just safe to say that we went quite some distance because one of us had flaming sore feet while the other one had a really sore ankle today.  It was glorious to be out-of-doors on a sunny Saturday.  

Saturday night was a rager.  All the knitting and reading and Netflix half-watching/half-listening.  

Sunday morning church was a such an encouragement.  Pastor John ended the James study with the last 2 verses.  *sigh*  I love James.  He casually mentioned he might recap the whole book next week (YEAH!).  

After church since my ankle was bit sore from all the trail walking, I ran a couple smallish errands (went back to Meijer for gas and for 4 things I forgot) and then I came home and painted my toenails.  YES - SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!  Since it has arrived, I thought what better way to welcome spring than to paint my toenails a lovely springy coral-orange color.  


Once my toenails were painted, I kicked back and relaxed the afternoon away.  Kicked back and relaxed is code for knitted and enjoyed the quiet.

Tonight my small group met at Culver's for supper and then we went to church for an hour of prayer for Easter.  It was such a wonderful encouragement to come together as a church family and pray interspersed with praise and worship songs.  My heart is full.

And now my coffeemaker is ready for its big debute tomorrow morning when it brews me some liquid love in a pot.  

I should pick out what I'm going to wear tomorrow...I have an idea, mostly because I hear Rhonda (which last weekend Starbucks wrote her name as "Honda" and I cannot stop laughing about that!) saying, "Do yourself a favor and wear a skirt!!!!!"  Such wonderful words of wisdom.

Oh and it should be noted - I exercised great amounts of self-control this weekend when I did not once darken the door of a thrift.  I wanted too...but then I remembered the upcoming sibling shenanigans and Bryan's research showing many lovely consignment shops interspersed amongst the very vintage-yet-Hipster downtown Boston.  Yes, BOSTON!!!!  Forget pronouncing R's cause we are going out East!!!!  Pak the cah in the yad.  :)  

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...