Tonight I spent the evening with the most wonderful iron sharpening friend o'mine, Trudy. She's soooo good for my soul. She keeps redirecting my eyes to Jesus and she helps me answer all of life's questions...which isn't that what we are supposed to do being Jesus-lovin' gals? We know and love Titus and the older woman/younger woman teaching and training and admonishing. Trudy admonishes me. Trudy encourages me.
When we first arrived at Meg's, Trudy said, "Honey, you replied with the Doxology. Are you alright?"
I teared-up and told her no, infact I was NOT okay."
We, then, began our bi-weekly ritual of entertaining the two Meg's gals who made our chai drinks. The conversation went from my addiction to the Meg's for-sale packaged gluten-free cookies to the price of Sugarjones cupcakes to us not having expensive addictions...just cupcake addictions.
Those Meg's gals are our friends. They promised to never kick us out. That's a BIG promise.
I love my iron sharpening friend, Trudy. She keeps me pointed to Jesus and reminds me to be brave and assertive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...
No comments:
Post a Comment