Friday, August 16, 2019

Betty

Who needs working stories on ones blog when you can write about your conversation with your 85-year old neighbor.

Neighbor:  Betty
Age:  85 (Duh, I said it a sentence ago.)

Me:  "Betty, Happy Friday!"

Betty:  *carrying a white grocery sack*  "Same to you."

Me:  "What are you up to?"

Betty:  "Well, the neighbor called and said there's a turkey a-nesting.  Have you seen the turkey?" 

Me:  "YESSSS!!!!  It runs between our houses!"

Betty:  "Well the neighbor said it laid an egg in her yard and she wants me to get it."

Me:  "What are you doing with the bag?"

Betty:  "I am going to get the egg!!!!"

Me:  What about the turkeys?"

Betty:  "If they give me any trouble, I am going to beat them with my cane."  *she holds up her cane and wiggles it*

When we got back from the lake, I checked Betty's driveway for turkey feathers and/or any sign of turkey or Betty trauma.  Everything appears in order.

Wonder what happened to the egg....?

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...