Wednesday, January 22, 2020

It's like riding a bike.

I cannot believe that I have not blogged here since September.  

It's been *doing the math inside my brain* 114 days.

Since it's been so long, I'm hopeful that blogging will be like riding a bike.  I mean everything is like riding a bike, right?  Like you don't knit for a year and then pick-up needles and BAM you are knitting.  You don't eat sushi with chopsticks for years and then go out for sushi, pick up the sticks and BAM it's like riding a bike, right?  

I feel kinda bad about this 114-day gap between blog posts.

It's not technically  been 114 days since I've blogged-blogged as I have that 2nd foodish blog where I'm working my way through Danielle Walker's cookbooks and I'm blogging about that adventure.  Infact that reminds me that I want to buy the fixin's for her baked potato soup and make it over the weekend.  

I've missed this blog...this wonderful place where I can be me and you can be you (stalking my blog).  

I'm thoroughly enjoying the gal I'm becoming...this confident gal who is not going to be quiet any longer.  Who when asked pointed questions - she knows her worth and value and will answer accordingly.  

It's 2020.  Let's start there...because when I was a kid I thought 2020 would be the year when we lived like The Jetsons.  I'm talking space cars and a robot named Rosie.  I don't have a space car...I have a super cool Corolla named Rosie so I suppose that counts for something.  

It's just weird writing 2020.  It's weird in that I'm not writing 2019 by mistake...I'm just writing 20 (insert a pause) and then the second 20 to make 2020.  

It's winter in the Midwest...a mild winter to start which has been wonderful; however, we are now entering January and that means cold weather...snow...and ice.  It's ok though because it happens every year and then following this cold weather, we will get the beautiful gift of spring.

I actually enjoy winter.  Enjoy not in the I-heart-my-face-being-so-cold-that-it-burns way but more in the quietness of winter.  It's a gift.  

I'm currently in-between books.  I picked up 3 books today from the library.  Two of which were holds and the 3rd just looked good.  The one I'm looking forward to reading is a memoir of a mother-daughter trip to Paris.  I KNOW -- PARIS!!!!!! AS IN EIFFEL TOWER AND FABULOUS CAFES AND MEN WITH ACCENTS!!!!!!!!!!  Which reminds me that I'm not technically between books because I have a copy of a Paris travel guide at work on my desk.  It's for break time when I want to peruse Paris cafes and flag fun, funky places to see.  

Honestly that's all that's new right now.
I've been enjoying the days beyond the #chainofhope.  The lack of condescending emails and equally dreadful comments make my heart go pitter-patter.  We are currently in the whole finding and not-finding game...but all is well.  We're muddling through.  Someone recently asked me if I missed #RAL and I honestly said, "Not even for a minute."  Truth be told - it's nice.  Stepping out of the adult(ish) 7th grade has been so glorious.  

I'm starting my 2020 year-long project of crocheting and knitting kids hats.  Three skeins of yarn are patiently waiting their turn to be hooked or needled into fabulous headwear for the children in our school district.  I need to find a place that can make - or just make myself - "You are loved" tags to sew inside each of my creations.  

As I'm wrapping up this blog post, I do want to confirm that blogging is a lot like riding a bike.  You can take a break from it but when you return, you remember being that kid on the 12-speed who was facing the gigantic hill on Rollin Highway (by Thorton's home).  You pedal to the edge of the hill and then coast to the bottom.  The wind whips through your hair and you laugh and laugh and hope you don't perish because crashing would be dreadful.  So I turned on my computer and logged in to my blog and typed and typed...  There's no wind whipping through my headbanded hair...only my essential oil diffuser pushing doTerra Cheer blend in to the air.  There's no laughing...maybe a chuckle here and there.  

Blogging.  It's so like riding a bike.  

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...