What a fun group of gals!!!!
Our first stop -- the Goodwill. I love how their bags say, "Goodwill. Amazing." If it were up to me, I would put three exclamation points after the word "Amazing!!!" Like that. :)
Okay -- while still in Kristen's vehicle, I told Lauren and Kristen, "Under no circumstances am I to leave this store with any summery skirts. I'm serious. If you see me with summery skirts, rip them out of my hands."
I do not...DO NOT...need anymore summery skirts and/or dresses. Until one of these fabulous skirts gets compromised (let's hope they really don't) or until I sort through and re-donate (and by re-donate, I believe some gals from church want first dibs :)), I do not need to purchase another summery skirt and/or sundress.
Having said that outloud...I knew that I had no business going near the skirt section of the thrift. Soooo when we entered the store, I let the others make their way to the skirts and dresses while I remained in the front near the shirts and sweaters. (Sweaters...also another weakness but not nearly to the extent of summery skirts.)
I found several blouses and when I meandered to the sweater aisle - looking for a black sweater with 3/4 length sleeves - I happened to find a cute pale blue faux wraparound dress. It was crammed inbetween a bunch of sweaters... My first thought was oh dear, it's polyester which has the potential to look dreadful (clingy) or marvelous (flowy and covering flaws). Unsure which one of these two categories the dress would fall into, I put it in my cart.
Turns out - the dress fit fabulously and wasn't clingy at all. Plus BONUS...it's a faux wraparound which means I won't have to tie and re-tie the dress.
My second find came from the skirt section. I know, I know...I said "no summery skirts." This black GAP skirt is hardly summer only. It's actually an excellent fit. Seriously -- it's like the little people at GAP knew my exact measurements. How fun!!!! I don't own (can you believe THIS?) a black A-line skirt. I was actually able to cross it off my "Thrift Wish List" which I keep tucked in a small notebook inside my purse. You never know when you will stop at the thrift on the way home from work, on your lunch break...and how many times have I stopped and perused all the while thinking, I wonder if I have something to go with this fabulous blouse??? I no longer have to wonder...I went through my closet and made a list of pieces that I would ideally like to add.
This third item -- a cute raspberry-ish blouse -- was just something random that I found in the blouse aisle. I like it because it has tiny butterflies. I'm thinking it will be super cute with my denim Bermuda shorts or my khaki skirt. Plus I have those butterfly earrings that I picked up on the Target clearance...and who doesn't love fun butterflies on a top AND as earrings. :)
The last two items purchased are not pictured. The first is a black 3/4 - length sleeve sweater. It's a black sweater. Let your imagination go crazy picturing a BLACK SWEATER. :) And the other item is actually super cute...but it's in the washer...and since I don't feel like endangering my life trying to remove it while the washer is spinning out and I'm kinda tired and want to click "PUBLISH" and go to bed, you are just going to have to wait to see my super cute fru-fru tank. It's not quite mauve and it's not pink. It's kinda both. There are white horizontal tie-dye stripes and it's very modest. I think it will look cute with my brown skirt, sandals, and my denim jean jacket and a CUTE scarf. :)
So there you have it...my Saturday thrift finds. What did you do today?

No comments:
Post a Comment