Saturday, May 5, 2012

I don't know about you...

...but I've had a week chucked-full of prayer requests...and not the whole "bless this food" kind of requests, but BIG requests...


...be near to a wife who witnessed her husband getting shot while they were communicating on Skype.  He was a nurse in Afghanistan.  There is a grieving wife, 2 precious young (ages 3 and 9) daughters, siblings, parents, etc. who are grieving with broken hearts.  There will be an investigation.  I ask that you pray that it goes quickly so that there will be closure. 


...a friend with very ill parents.


...a wayward individual.


...individuals who need compassion.  


...a crumbling, hurting family.


Evangelist Farrell said, "Compassion is your hurt in my heart."  Isn't that the truth!  There are just so many requests.


I am reminded daily -- as in every single morning that I pour myself a mug o'coffee -- "Prayer changes everything."  Prayer doesn't change God's perfect will...it puts us in a position to see whatever He allows to come in to our paths as His perfect will.



No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...