Scientific name: Syringa Vulgaris
Cottage name: Compromised lilac shrubbery (see below)
Yes, you read that correctly. My neighbor determined the fate of my beloved lilac shrubbery. Yesterday he finally (and I say finally because it had been 2+ weeks for the front yard and atleast 4 weeks for the backyard behind the cottage) mowed. The yard looks lovely...however on my way out the door to teach the children about Moses and Burning Bush (ironic, I know!!!), I realized that my lilac bush was no longer standing 5 plus feet tall.
I'm about to confess something to you that makes me incredibly vulnerable...but I did cry. Not cry as in one tear down my cheek but multiple tears... You see, this lilac shrubbery was a gift for my 30th birthday. It hadn't bloomed yet because most lilac shrubberies need 10 years to get rooted before they bloom.
I know it shouldn't make me sad...but in light of everything else that has been mulling around in my pretty little head, this shrubbery sent me over the edge and it broke my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment