Saturday, January 19, 2013

45, 17, 7, 9, 18, 35, 25

What do those 7 numbers represent?  Before I tell you what they do represent, let me expound on what they do NOT represent...

They are NOT...
1. the combination to my 7th grade locker
2. my golf scores  {I only played golf once...on a blind date. I'm laughing remembering the look on his face when I hit his favorite golf ball in the pond. We didn't last. LOL!}
3. the number of times that I have laughed outloud today

4. copier counts
5. amounts of daily cups of coffee.  45?  Seriously -- I think my heart would explode!
6. the number of pins that I have liked on Pinterest...although it could be close.
7. the quantity of sweaters I own -- divided, of course, by color.  I don't have 45 sweaters...let alone 45 sweaters of a particular color.
8. tally sheet marks to track the number of phone calls I transfer
 
These numbers... 45, 17, 7, 9, 18, 35, 25...are the high temps for the next seven days. Kind of exciting to see the range of numbers!!!

Only in the Midwest will temperatures have such a range. 

It's funny that today I went out to run errands and I wore a sweater, jeans, knee socks with Mary Janes and a SEMI-LIGHT SPRING JACKET!!!  45 and it was sunny today...bonus about the sun!!! 

Tomorrow -- 17 degrees...Pretty sure it will be a tights, long skirt, heavier sweater, winter coat, scarf, hat, and mittens Sunday. 

looooong quarter of the year...but just a quarter.

My favorite winter month is next month.  February.  First of all, I think I like February the most because if you write it phonetically it looks like.....  FE-BREW-AIR-EEEE.  I like the "brew" part -- as in coffee...brew me some coffee.  :)  Pretty please, of course.

February is great because March is next.   March means spring and my bestie's birthday.  How fun is that!!!!  Plus February has that ludicrious holiday -- Groundhog's Day.  Personally I think we are just asking for trouble when we inquire of a RODENT for our weather forecast.  Hellooooo!  I've not met a groundhog that could be trusted.  Why don't we ask a kinder, gentler animal?  Hmm...it's something to consider.

Back to January.  There are just 31 days in this month but for some reason, it feels like 62. 

Oh - another reason I love February - we usually will have one day when the high temperature will reach 60.  My friends and I have this thing we do when the temperature reads 60.  We get pedicures.  It's our little treat for surviving winter.  It's my favorite day of the whole winter.  Usually our pedicure day is then followed by a super-cold-chilled-to-the-bone day...but it doesn't matter because...

A) Spring is next!
B) Our toes are just lovely!!!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...