It means "complete" or "finished."
I'm done.
My superhero cape has been removed. It's been laundered and is neatly folded and tucked inside my dresser drawer. I'm going to give it a rest for a bit.
I have no intention of putting it on. I'm going to turn back into a girlie version of Clark Kent and put on my nerd girl glasses and sit back and watch what happens.
Being an observer is fantastic.
It takes the heat off of me to save the day.
It puts the world into another rhythm where I don't have to save the day. It reveals the facts - so many facts about what really happens in the real world.
If I'm not wearing a cape, I'm just Angie Good...the girl who loves Jesus, coffee, and the thrift. I'm not trying to save the world, one file at a time.
I'm just making copies and answering the phone and directing people to the proper forms.
I like this non-superhero Angie. I like that she's relaxed. I like that she's going to observe. I like this being done-ness.
It's a relaxing, slightly invigorating feeling.
I'm going to run with it. RUN! Hahahahahahaha...no, not run. I don't run.
I'm going to sit back and watch things unfold. I'm going to watch the TRUTH come forth and I cannot wait to have a front row seat for this show!!!
Monday, April 3, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's been awhile.
While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...
-
Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Just a cradle in the shadow of a cross, Little Lord Jesus born in a manger, Just a ...
-
1. It is better to wait and know it than to date and blow it. *** 2. Do not look for the right one, be the right one, and you'll f...
-
60 degrees and sunshine-y....the leaves have begun their journey to beautiful-ness. I honestly woke-up this morning rejoicing over the weat...
No comments:
Post a Comment