Friday, June 27, 2014

Blogging @ my desk

I love having the Blogger app on my phone.  I can upload pictures in a snap.  I can type random posts while on break, while sitting at my favorite coffeeshop, while people-watching, and the list goes on and on.  It's great.  My blog is on the go!  Have blog - will travel!!! 

Tonight I am blogging while sitting in my guest room...  Yes, I am actually sitting at my computer desk and I am blogging.  Oh - and BONUS:  I am using my pull-out-tray.  You see...when I moved in to my apartment, a couple of guys righted my heavy computer desk and their instructions to me were "We left the tray unattached because we have faith in you and your ability to put it back together."  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Oh ye of great faith...in the girl with curls...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Putting the screws in and the little runners upside down, yes, yes, that was easy...and WRONG!!!  Needless to say, I did not realize the error of my way until I sat the tray in the runners and pushed it completely back to the point it made a "clicking" sound and then refused to budge.  It was at this point that I laughed some more and then resigned myself to having to wait until my dear, sweet brother would come for a visit.  Yes, I am that sister.  The one who has a smallish list of projects requiring brotherly attention.  And he's that kind of brother that humors his sister and brings his power tools.  Not only did he fix my desk tray but he also brought his drill and helped me hang a curtain rod in my bedroom.  What a great guy!  He also was my tech support and ran a bunch of updates on my computer and downloaded system washing devices. 

It's great sitting at my computer desk and blogging.  I have a new computer chair.  It's not technically a computer chair like you are picturing.  It's a teal-ish folding chair from the red bull's eye.  Why did I buy a metal folding chair?  A) I didn't want an overly-comfy chair as I am prone to Pinterest "pinning" and could spend hours at the computer "pinning" recipes and cute outfit ideas and witty sayings.  B) I love the color of this chair!!!  It matches the throw pillows and other accent-ish stuff in my guest room.  Do you find it strange that I selected this particular chair because of its color?  Don't think it strange - I pick football teams based on the color of their jerseys.  I do, however, not pick baseball teams this way because we all know that the ONLY team to cheer for is the Detroit Tigers...and baseball is love.

I just now looked around my sewing room.  My computer desk is a little clutterish directly infront of me - with an empty plastic berry basket.  I have plans for this.  I want to make some "Thanks berry much" cards and return said basket to the giver-of-the-strawberries.  There's also a book that I am needing to send to Snohomish, Washington.  And lastly, a smallish package containing 3 birthday presents.  Two of which I need to wrap.  The third is more of an addition to an existing gift.  And to my right is my sewing machine...in all her stitching glory.  I think she's calling to me..."You should sew this weekend, Angie Good."  I'm hearing ya loud and clear!!!

I do have two sewing projects...the first being a few pairs of coulettes.  (I still don't spell that word correctly, do I?)  Coullettes for church camp.  Again it's quite difficult to find a pattern to make these so I am using the wide-legged pants pattern and adding a little girly flare to the hem. 

My second sewing project...(sigh)...might no longer be necessary.  I bought some pale pink fabric to make two replacement pillowcases for on my bed...but now I am thinking about getting a gray & white duvet cover from IKEA.  If I get this bedding, I want teal and coral to be my accent colors which means bye-bye pink so I am thinking I will make the pillowcases and send them to very sweet girlies in my life.  Yes, that might be a lovely plan.  Who doesn't love a fun handmade pillowcase?  I can think of no one. 

Next on my list of things to do - now that I am sitting in my craft room, my creative juices are a lot like me on Monday mornings hopped-up on Meg's chai - I need to hang-up my chevron stuff...and find something for my baskets.  A lovely skinny shelf would be nice...which I saw one at a garage sale but didn't get it.  Why?  Who knows?  I'm ridiculous might be the first and best answer.  The second being I really didn't want to haul it around from sale to sale which is just silly because it's not like we parked 50 miles away.  Yes, my ridiculousness is the one and only answer.

Tomorrow I am going with my friend Jenni to a vintage extravaganza.  I didn't make up the catchphrase "vintage extravaganza."  Technically it's called Nellie's Barn Sale and it's sub-title is "a twice a year vintage extravaganza."  This Nellie does not know of the exclamation extravaganza rule implemented by K. Whittenburg which clearly states:  When using the word "Extravaganza" - one must punctuate the sentence with three exclamation points.  Three is the minimum.

I have a list of "wants" - not needs - just wants.  For one thing - I'd love to find a wooden dresser for my bedroom.  My clothes are currently divided.  Some are in the closet in a small plastic drawer contraption.  The other display-able clothes are divided by color, folded neatly and stacked on an open bookshelf. 

My second want is a dresser to transform in to an entertainment stand for my t.v. and storage for my chick flick collection.

Lastly, my third want is a smallish sewing table for my living room.  Of course, if I found a foldable one, it would work as well. 

I'm not sure which - if any - of these I will find...but I am looking. 

Happy Weekend!!!

No comments:

It's been awhile.

While I was in The JoAnn Fabrics store this afternoon purchasing pre-punched paper for my 2024 garden journal, I said to myself, "Self,...